My First Football Game

It was a cold night in October. The lights shined directly in my eyes and I can barely see my coach. The coaches lips are moving but I can’t hear a word he says. I can only hear the crowd roaring in the background for   It was a cold night in October. The lights shined directly in my eyes and I can barely see my coach.

The opposing in a huddle getting ready to kick off. My coach says “the footballs coming to our offense”. The opposing teams kicker had a nice 58 yard kick. The ball came to number 27 and he had a nice 38 yard run. I ran on the field for the offensive drive. The quarter back calls the play in the huddle. The quarterback calls the play 34 counter. The offense says “ready break”. We goto the line of scrimmage the quarterback says “DOWN SET GO”. The quarterback hands the ball to the 3 back. And he hot a nice 13 yard run down the middle. I say “nice run”. The quarterback call shot gun right double post. I’m lined up at wide receiver. I think to my self ” this is my chance to catch a pass”.  The quarterback says ” DOWN SET GO”. I run a route called a skinny post. The quarterback throw a 20 yard pass to me I catch it and run 3 yards. The quarterback says “nice catch”. The quarterback calls the play “shotgun left 36 lead”. Everyone says ready break we run to the line. The quarterback says “DOWN SET GO”.

The ball goes to the 3 back for a 7 yard run. I said nice run. The quarterback comes back to the huddle he says”shotgun left double slant”. Suddenly the ball got picked off. Number 4 got the pick and he ran 17 yards. My coach is yelling really loud because he is mad about the pick. Are defense sprints on the field for are first defensive drive of the game.

I loved my first game I said to my dad I am definitely playing next year I said. I thought to my self this is my favorite sport ever.