Musing for 3/24/14

The Crimean Crisis of 2014 has ended! The armies of Russia have withdrawn and annexed Crimea. Why, though?

The country of Ukraine has been dealing with protests due to civil unrest and government corruption. The protests have mostly taken place in Kiev. The military attacked protesters with guns and bombs, not unlike the Egyptian Revolutions of 2011 and 2013. The streets were filled with flames and gunpowder. Cars and trucks were overturned from explosions. Eventually, the protesters got their way. They overthrew the old government and got a new one. The country of Russia refuses to recognize the new government, however. Speaking of Russia, president Vladimir Putin had sent in military to take care of the problems in Ukraine and Crimea. They managed to sort things out. Eventually, Russia annexed Crimea. In other words, they made Crimea part of Russia.

If you were in this situation, what would you do? Would you protest, or react nonviolently? That’s what other countries are asking each other. Hopefully, this will never happen again, or at least for a long time. If it does, the world will be ready.

About dferentzy

I don't know why this had to happen. If you know anything about me, you're unsafe. You have to go. NOW. If anyone found out about me or anyone else, they'd get rid of us. Please don't research me or try to contact me. It'll make things worse than they already are. They're coming. I know they are. I know that when they come, horrible things will happen. I don't want anyone else involved. WEAREHERE jk

2 thoughts on “Musing for 3/24/14

1. I assume your comment is directed at me, Dylan, since I am the only one who commented on other Musings. I apologize. Sometimes I publish posts from my phone and it’s difficult to post comments from my phone and I must have in your case forgotten to return to your post from a device other than my phone and provided a comment. But, now that I am here, here you go:
    I like the way you used a topical issue to reflect upon for your Musing. The next time I think you should insert your own opinion into your writing and not pose a rhetorical question without staking a claim on an issue.