Musing for 5/5/14

Happy Cinco De Mayo! It’s that time of year again when the Spanish people celebrate. But why?

We commonly think of Cinco De Mayo as “The Fifth of May”. It’s actually the date that the Spaniards won a huge conflict against France called The Battle of Puebla. However, they were captured by France later. They still celebrate the date, however. The festivals take place in cities, even in America. Los Angeles has one of the biggest celebrations. Food is cooked, music is played, etc. It’s quite a party. However, it’s not even much of an actual holiday, it’s more of a special date.

Do you celebrate Cinco De Mayo? Remember, have a good time!

About dferentzy

I don't know why this had to happen. If you know anything about me, you're unsafe. You have to go. NOW. If anyone found out about me or anyone else, they'd get rid of us. Please don't research me or try to contact me. It'll make things worse than they already are. They're coming. I know they are. I know that when they come, horrible things will happen. I don't want anyone else involved. WEAREHERE jk

1 thought on “Musing for 5/5/14

1. I don’t celebrate Cinco de Mayo, Dylan. (Just answering your question.) But if I did, your post would have helped me to remember to have a good time.