Robbie’s Letter Essay #11: “The Outsiders”

I have just finished reading “The Outsiders”  By S:E Hilton 192 pages.

This book is about a boy named Ponyboy and his gang. During this book they learn about family and friends over this moving book. The boys gang called the Greasers have rival gang called the Socs.  The Socs are a bunch of spoiled rich kids from the West Side. They are usually fairly calm but until one night the Socs jumped a greaser and hurt him really badly. That set off the greasers and  they get into a gang battle.

“Sixteen years on the streets and you can learn a lot. But all the wrong things, not the things you want to learn. Sixteen years on the streets and you see a lot. But all the wrong sights, not the things you want to see.” A quote by Dally.

This shows that living on the streets isn’t a good life its a hard one. There parents died and since then most of the boys have been on the streets. This book has to be one of my favorites of all time. I would rate this book 9/10 because this book is very moving and it show true friendship!

3 thoughts on “Robbie’s Letter Essay #11: “The Outsiders”

1. I like the quote because that it is very true about the book. Also that it really makes me think about how lucky we are to be living in a great neighborhood. But it’s also sad that people in those areas have to go through young or old. Nobody should have to go through what they did in the book and around the world.

2. It was a pretty good explanation, but it was a little short and I think it was rushed due to the spelling errors here and there