Matt, Where Are You From?

I’m from Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox, which are my favorite team. The Red Sox won for the 3rd consecutive time out of 4 years as my dad and I watched an emphatic 9-2 win over the White Sox. My other experiences at Fenway watching the Red Sox include a 2-1 win vs the Royals, a 13-5 win against the Angels, and the first game, a loss to the Orioles.

I’m from baseball fields, at Joel Barlow, and whether in the spring or fall I’m practicing or playing against other teams from different towns. I’ve played baseball almost my whole life besides my first year of playing sports, I quit soccer after not enjoying it after a season, I enjoy baseball now. I’m also playing fall ball with my other teammates this year.

I’m from the couch, watching Malcolm Butler of the New England Patriots catch a game-ending interception, to clinch the win over the Seahawks in Super Bowl 49. Being a huge Patriots fan, I couldn’t believe the Seahawks blew the game at the Patriots one yard line, and I went crazy, shouting out a loud “YES!” as the win was secured.

I’m from the boat at the boat club, jetting through water, first catching bunker used as bait to catch fish, and eventually catching an over 20 pound, 2 foot striped bass, after about 3 ½ hours of cruising around. “I think I’m gonna fall over reeling this fish in!” I yelled frantically.

I’m from my best friend’s house, playing video games on his computer and with our phones, talking about recent news, school, slushies in the summer, and snowball wars, which are all in good fun. We’re best friends ever since preschool, so we hang out a lot.

I’m that Fenway-seeing, baseball-playing, TV-watching, boat-riding, best friend-having guy.

That’s where I’m from.

2 thoughts on “Matt, Where Are You From?

1. Matt,
    I liked your poem (and your choice of sport teams), it seams like someone should pay you to go to the Red Sox games, every time you go, the Red Sox win!! We need some help this season. Hope that your baseball team does well.

Jake Fones

2. Dear Matt
    I really liked your poem and all of your description of your sports teams and stadiums. I love the last stanza the best. “I’m from my best friend’s house, playing video games on his computer and with our phones, talking about recent news, school, slushies in the summer, and snowball wars, which are all in good fun. We’re best friends ever since preschool, so we hang out a lot.” I love how you go into such detail about what you did with your best friend. Your poem was awesome!
    Yours Truly
    Robbie