Erin’s Letter Essay #3: American Sniper

I just finished reading the book “American Sniper” by Chris Kyle. It was an amazing book. It was about 375 pages with some pictures of his family and about his time in the service. I chose this book because I love war books and learning about wars and war history. I love Chris and his story. The way he lets his own story unfold is amazing. What he went through as a Navy Seal was unbelievable. This book is one of the best autobiographies I’ve ever read. I don’t usually like autobiographies but this one I just had to read. Some of the parts of this book is really astounding. This book really made me open my eyes to war veterans and people in the service. I know I will never experience the pain and sorrow of war and battles but, this book made me have more of an understanding of that type of stuff. This passage made me surprised ” We went on DA’s for another two and a half weeks, but there was only one where we had anything like real trouble. A guy wanted to fight as we were going  in, Unfortunately for him, all he had were his bare fists. Here he’s facing a squad of sliders, each heavily armed and protected by body armor. He was either stupid or courageous, or maybe both.” (page 124) That paragraph just astounded me. This book was an 8 out of 10. I would recommend it for people that like war books and interesting autobiographies. This book was truly amazing.

1 thought on “Erin’s Letter Essay #3: American Sniper

1. Dear Erin,
    I really liked your letter essay. I liked your essay because you connected to the story and added how you feel about war. In addition I liked how you added how the novel changed your understanding to war Veterans and people in the service. Nice job and I look forward to reading this novel.
    Julia