Bio-Poem: Mr. Jockers

Ryan

Patient, honest, industrious, dependable

Son of Thomas and Linda, brother of Erin

Lover of life, family and the changing of New England seasons

Who feels thankful at the start and end of every day, comfort in the warmth of home, and excited for the release of the new Dawes album

Who finds happiness in the laugh of my children, my wife’s smile, and a small cottage by a modest beach in Old Saybrook

Who needs a purpose, strong black coffee to complement quiet morning reflection time, and at least one hot cherry pepper with almost every evening meal

Who gives love and guidance to my children (Paige, 10, and Christian, 7), often too much of my time to my job, and not enough attention to my dog, Kobi

Who fears snakes, heights, and the direction in which the world is heading

Who would like to see my children grow up happy and have their own children, hummingbirds and butterflies converge upon the garden I built for them in my yard, and a North London derby (Tottenham v. Arsenal) at White Hart Lane

Who enjoys playing guitar with a group of old neighborhood friends, playing chess, and fixing things at my workbench in my garage

Who likes to wear soft cotton tee shirts and Levi’s jeans when at home, buttoned-down colored shirts with quiet ties when at work, and my falling-apart Adidas Copa Mundials on Sunday mornings

Born in Port Chester, N.Y., resident of Stratford

Jockers

About rcjockers

I am a middle-school language arts teacher in Connecticut. I like eating hot peppers from my garden, writing, and watching German soccer matches in the dark.