FFFW #5 Cole

Every day of the week I go to gymnastics.  I go there for 3.5 hours every single day, although, I should probably add 45 minutes of driving each way.  I love doing gymnastics, and have a strong passion for it, I have been doing it since I was 3.  If you do the math, it is 17.5 hours per week.  Sometimes it gets hard to balance my school work and gymnastics all the time.  I get home at 9:45 am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and at 9 pm on Tuesday and Thursday.  Most days I go straight from school to Hamden for work reasons or for other reasons.  I do think that I do a decent job of managing my time, but it does get hard at times.  I am now a level 9 gymnast, and  I have accomplished and overcome many obstacles due to gymnastics, such as breaking an elbow with surgery, or breaking a bone in my hand.  I have very little free time on my hands other than weekends, so I do my best to get my work done and seize every moment I can in the classroom.  Every second of the day is put to use.  My older brother, Gerry, also does gymnastics with me and shares some of the same struggles.  With lots of hours of training, comes lots of exhaustion from pushing myself to the limit. Last year, I made it to Nationals in Battlecreek, Michigan  and got 7th place on the highbar in the nation for the competition.  Spending my time at gymnastics is worth every second.