Distance Learning Day 1

Today is Monday, March 23rd, 2020 on an unexpected, snowy morning. During quarantine, it has been enjoyable to spend more time than usual with family, play games like Just Dance 2018 & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Wii, watch shows on Netflix such as New Girl, Criminal Minds, and That ‘70s Show, sleep in more etc. On the first official day of quarantine, it was boring because I had to start getting used to the new routine but as days progressed by, it began to become fun. Now that week is over and I have to go back to doing schoolwork, although to admit, I did miss a little bit of working.

I’ve been doing better than when I was in school because I can focus more on myself. To elaborate more, I barely noticed my change in behavior/how I acted during school hours. I was quiet, antisocial, and independent. I didn’t want to be bothered by anyone else because I felt it was a distraction to my schoolwork and I needed to get my grades up before the end of the trimester. It was the same procedure every single day; wake up, go to school, work, come home, take a long break, start homework, then sleep. That sounds reallllllllllllllly boring, I know. But as long as I got good grades, I was happy. Now that I am home, I can relax and am more motivated to do work.

The COVID-19 situation is getting more out of hand. I watched Donald Trump on tv with my mom to talk about it and on Twitter I saw claims that said “Donald Trump made 33 false scams about the coronavirus crisis in the first two weeks of march.” I don’t know much about politics but YIKES! That sounds bad if you ask me. I don’t support Donald Trump nor Bernie Sanders so if you wanted to argue about who would be a better president for the United States, I couldn’t tell you. In stores, it’s even worse. It’s basically like a real life zombie apocalypse. Rummaging for food and supplies, finding shelter, and mainly avoiding to contract the virus. At home, we are stocked on SO much food, hand sanitizer, and other toiletries. It’s crazy that we have to stay locked up in our homes for months but at least we know the government and Donald Trump has (hopefully) everything under control.

I pray that my grandparents don’t get the virus and all is well.

Signing out now,

Jacqueline Mininberg