Improve lawn tractors.

Improve lawn tractors.
During the past couple weeks, I have been hauling woodchips, gravel, logs, firewood, and other stuff with my 2018 Cub Cadet XT1 LT50 lawn tractor. Also during the past couple weeks, the 1/8 inch steel tow plate on the back of my tractor has been bending more and more. I very rarely over exceed the towing capacity of this tractor, which is 250 lbs. Plus, after speaking to neighbors and friends, lots of people are having this problem. One of my neighbors has a Craftsman lawn tractor, one has a 1970’s simplicity tractor, and another has a John Deere D100. We have all come to the conclusion that newer lawn tractors just can’t beat the old quality of a american made tractor. My buddy has never had a problem with his simplicity, besides basic maintenance. “I never thought that an older tractor would be better than a new machine” says my neighbor, who wishes to remain anonymous. But my other two neighbors both are having the same problem as I do. “They don’t make ‘em like they used to!” says another neighbor..
Thankfully, there is a great and easy solution for this. Lawn tractor companies need to beef up their small tractor lineup. Yes, we understand that this might be more expensive, but there is also a easy solution to this problem. These days, companies are always competing by horsepower numbers. My Cub Cadet has 24hp! A lawn tractor does not need this kind of power. Companies should put smaller motors in these tractors, like 16hp, and use the money saved to beef up the rest of the machine. Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at whats important in a machine. Its not extreme horsepower, its the quality to keep on running and works for years to come.