Free Write : Going to my friends house.

I went to my friend Amelia’s house towards the end of the summer. Amelia lives in Greenwich so it was almost an hour drive to get there. It was the middle of August and I was dropped off at her house early in the morning. It was very warm out and we were planning on biking to the beach. Once I got there my dad and her dad talked for a little bit before, and Amelia and I also talked for a little bit. After my dad had left we decided to get changed into our bathing suits and start biking to the beach. She lived near the beach so it wasn’t that far a bike ride. We brought towels, and our phones. It was around 12 pm when we got there and it only took a few minutes to get to the beach. We hung out at the beach for a few hours and we got snacks and drinks. After we had been there for a while we decided to start heading back to the little town she lived near. We stopped at a CVS so we could get some drinks and candy for later that night. We walked around town for about an hour and we got frozen yogurt as well. After that we started biking back to her house. By the time we got back to her house it was about 5 pm and her dad decided to take me, Amelia, and Natalie, Amelia’s little sister, out to dinner. We went to a Chinese restaurant and I got taro flavored boba tea. We walked around the shops that were there and looked around. The place the restaurant was in was so beautiful. It had string lights hung up all around the buildings and the stores that were in that area fit together perfectly. After we finished dinner we went to a crepe place. Amelia got a crepe and I just got a vanilla ice cream. Natalie got chocolate. We then started heading back to her car to go back to her house. We stayed up and ate our candy while watching a movie. I spent the night at her house and in the morning we drove back to my house and they spent the night at my house. It was so much fun and I can’t wait to do it again.

2 thoughts on “Free Write : Going to my friends house.

1. This is very good. I like how specific you were for some parts like when you said what flavor ice cream you got and what type of boba you got. I also like how everything was in order. This is very organized. Good job Ava!

2. I enjoyed the specifics in your piece. It really brought it together. I also enjoy that you gave us a time line of all these events. It is a spectacular piece!