Vail Colorado

The first thing I noticed was the difference in temperature. In Connecticut, the weather was warming, and we seemed to be out of a frosty winter and into warmer, sunnier times.

As we got off the plane and got our bags, my friend, sister, and I went to the snack bar to tie us over until dinner in the village. We loaded into  a rental car, and we were off to Vail village. We arrived at the hotel in awe of the monstrous mountains that loomed above us.

In the hotel lobby, My friend Joe and I check out the map of the mountain, and we couldn't believe how large the mountain really was. We quickly looked up on Google what was the hardest run on the mountain, we found it was Prima Cornice. We found it on the mountain and said, “We're definitely doing that.” I would still a bit nervous because Vail was a big mountain and Prima Cornice was probably a double black for a reason. 

After a couple of days of skiing and scouring the mountain for the best runs, we decided that it was time to finally try it. We skied down the mountain for about a minute before branching off into the woods.

When we finally emerged out of the Woods, we came to the Cornice part of the run. A cornice is basically a small snowy cliff. We skied along the top of it until we came to a point that we could drop in.
      Even though the drop in point was lower than the top of the cornice, I couldn't help but think I was going to slide down the hill on my back after screwing up the short midair drop into the Run.

“Here I go,” I said, hoping I would land on my skis and not on my face.

I landed and realized it was much easier than I made it out to be in my head.

I shouted and signaled for joe to follow. By the end of the trip, it was our favorite run on the mountain, and we realized it wasn't so bad after all. We just thought too much.