George’s Letter essay 12: The Outsiders

Recency i read the outsiders by S.E. Hition for class. I picked the book because it looked better than star girl the other book. The book is a group/gang called the greasers and a member Ponyboy who is 14  the greasers are enimies with another gang called the socs and they fight them. One night one person takes things to far which leads to consequences. I liked the way the author tired everything together with the consequences seen in the book. I’d say a theme is consequences because every action has one. The scene i picked to quote is from the start and it shows a lot about the book.

“When i stepped into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house i had only two things on my mind :Paul Newman and a ride home.

I was wishing i looked like Paul Newman  he looks tough and i don’t, but i guess my own looks aren’t bad. i have light brown almost red hair and  greenish grey  eyes. I wish they were more grey.

My hair is longer than a lot of boys wear there’s, but i am a greaser and most of my neighborhood rarely gets a hair cut. besides i look better with long hair. I had a long walk with no compoy but i usually lone it anyway for no reason.

When i see a movie with someone it is kind of unconformable like some one reading a book over your shoulder. I’m different that way. I mean my oldest ,who is 16 and never cracks a book at all, and my oldest brother Darrel who we call Darry works to long to read.No one in our gang digs movies and books the way i do. For a while there I was the only person in the world who did. So I loaned it.

Soda tries to understand, at least, which is more than Darry does. but then soda is different from anybody, he understands everything, almost.

Like he’s never hollering at me the way Dally is, or treating me like as if i was 6 and not 14. i love soda than I’ve ever loved anyone, even Mom and Dad .

He’s always happy go lucky and and grinning, while Darry’s hard and firm and rarely grinned at all. But then Dally being through at lot in twenty years.”

I pick this because it opens the book. Also it gives an intro to the characters.

I give this book a 9/10 for the story and the way it works.

from,

George

2 thoughts on “George’s Letter essay 12: The Outsiders

1. George,

I’m actually glad you chose “The Outsiders” by S.E. Hition because I liked how you described that the plot is about a gang called “The Greasers” and a main character called Ponyboy that is only fourteen years old. It was a good idea to include a quote from the book into your blog so that I can get a better understanding of what the book is about. After reading your blog I was actually considering reading this book as well so thank you for writing about it. When I read that the reason you liked this book so much is because the author tied all the consequences together I actually made a connection with you because I also feel that when an author ties important details of the story together it makes it more interesting.

http://www.flags8.org

1. Dear dmarucut
      thank you for reading my blog post. I do think that you should read the outsiders and it is full of twists and tuns and it is a quick but good read.

From,
      George