Knocked Out

I am laying on the hotel bed in Shanghai, China with my whole family surrounding me, panicking and crying. I knew exactly what just happened. It all started the morning of our last day of vacation.

Our hotel rooms were really nice and big. The gold detailing on the edges of the walls gave a very nice luxurious feel to the rooms. You could also see the beautiful skyline of Shanghai outside on the balcony. When you look down, you can see all these cars moving, creating a chaotic dance. The bed sheets and pillows were extremely soft to the touch, and everything was white. While I loved everything about our rooms, all I could think about was going to Disney.

I woke up extra early that morning so we could spend as much time there as possible. All I could feel was confetti exploding in my belly. I couldn’t stop jumping. I swooshed past my hotel room and went to my parents room to wake them up in the most aggressive way. I was as loud as a volcano explosion and by the looks on my parents face, they weren’t too happy. 

After I woke everybody up, I began to get ready and put my outfit on for the day. I started to put on my contacts and then suddenly, I was feeling a little off. Everything felt completely different and I was beginning to smell this whole new Ora. A very familiar Ora. But I didn’t think much of it. But yet, everything I saw was just getting fuzzier and fuzzier. And that beautiful skyline I was able to see before, was just a big blurr. It was as if my mind was swirling and as dizzy as a moth fluttering around a flame. Everything around me was as if it was closing up. Then finally, I couldn’t take it anymore. I tried to call for help, but there was me, feeling like my brain was going to explode out of my head, and there was my sister, jamming out to music in the bathroom. And my parents and my other two sisters were in our other hotel room. I sat on the edge of the soft bed, feeling myself getting weaker and weaker. I didn’t know what to do. 

“Are you ok?” my sister asked, finally coming out of the bathroom with a concerned look on her face. “You look really pale,” she continued. 

I couldn’t get the words out of my mouth.

“I feel like I am going to. . . ” I said in a weak voice with my eyes rolled back and my lips completely shut, falling towards the ground, completely unconscious. Luckily, my sister caught me before I hit my head on the ground or injured myself. My sister saw my blue lips and pale face, and immediately called my parents, who were in the other room. 

No answer.

My sister began to freak out. She was screaming and crying waterfalls. She tried everything to wake me up. But I just didn’t. Finally, my parents barged into the room after hearing my sisters loud hollers. My whole family tried their best with waking me up. There were tears everywhere, and it was full-on chaos. But while everyone was in panic and terror, no one ever thought about what I was thinking while I was knocked out. 

What I saw was all the people I love. My family and friends. I looked back to the most important moments of my life, and even some of the small ones. I looked back at the hard times, and times when I lost people really cared about. I saw my whole life in these two minutes when I was out. And I would never give those two minutes back. I began to hear my mom’s voice crying my name. It was getting louder and once I opened my eyes, everything was getting clearer. I woke up with tears in my eyes, and sweat all over me. I saw all these feared looks on my family members faces, with tears in their eyes. I looked at all of them, feeling bad for what I was about to do next. I threw up on each and every one of them. My sisters and dad were laughing their pants off, but my mom was still crying and hugging me. I hugged her back. Because now I realize, I should make the most of my moments.